Fresher than fresh salad. Ideal for lunches and meal preps. The dream team flavour combo.
Make sure you add the right amount of vinegar to give the dressing a nice sharp hit.
Cooking Time (Includes Preparation Time): 30 Minutes
- 300g Quinoa - £2.35
- 165g Raw King Prawns - £3.00
- 50ml Aspall Organic Cyder Vinegar - £1.70
- 2 Avocados - £1.70
- 1 Cucumber - £0.45
- Bunch of Basil - £0.70
- Total Cost - £9.90 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Get your quinoa on. It should take 15 minutes in boiling water – but check the pack for cooking directions.
- Place prawns in bowl. Season with salt and pepper, and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Mix together, and then throw prawns onto a hot griddle pan. They should take 1 and ½ to 2 minutes on each side.
- In the meantime, cut two avocados into small cubes and add to a salad bowl. Peel and deseed 1 cucumber, chop into small chunks and add that to the bowl as well.
- Once the prawns are pink and cooked through, remove from heat and add to bowl, along with the cooked quinoa.
- Add a handful of chopped basil.
- Dressing time. Add 50ml Aspall Organic Cyder Vinegar to a jar with 150ml Olive Oil. Season with salt and pepper. Mix it all together.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, toss it together and serve! Enjoy!