6 ingredients. 12 minutes. A Mob classic is born.
Make sure the bacon is smoked.
Cooking Time (Includes Preparation Time): 12 Minutes
- 250g Ricotta - £1.20
- 1 Lemon - £0.35
- Bunch of Mint - £0.70
- 330g Smoked Bacon - £1.50
- 800g Petit Pois - £1.60
- 500g Linguine - £0.56
- Total Cost - £5.91. This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Cut bacon into small bits and chuck intointo pan. Fry until crispy.
- Get the linguine on.
- Put colander over pan, and add peas.
- After 5 mins the peas should be ready. Remove from heat. Add 220g ricotta, a handful of chopped mint and the juice of a lemon. Season with salt and pepper, a drizzle of olive oil and mash.
- Take half peas and blend with 3 ladels of pasta water.
- Drain pasta. Pour pasta into bacon pan. Add mushy pea blend, and mushy peas.
- Dollop ricotta over top. squeeze over lemon juice and serve.