Clammy. Parsleyey. Tomatoey. It’s an absolute classic. The perfect date night meal.
Cover the pan of clams with a lid so they steam and cook faster.
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 1 Hour
- 330g Cherry Tomatoes - £0.90
- 500g Spaghetti - £0.20
- 187ml Pinot Grigio - £1.70
- Crushed Chillies - £0.85
- Garlic - £0.30
- Bunch of Parsley - £0.70
- 2 Large Handfuls of Fresh Clams - £0.70
- Total Cost - £9.65 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Finely slice 2 cloves of garlic.
- Get a large frying pan on the heat. Splash in some olive oil and add your garlic and a teaspoon of crushed chillies. Fry for about 40 seconds, and then add your cherry tomatoes.
- At this point, add your spaghetti to a large pan of boiling water.
- After 2 minutes, Add your clams to the sauce pan and pour in your wine. Bring to a boil, and then cover with a lid.
- Cook for about 4-5 minutes, until all the clams have opened up. Add a large handful of chopped parsley.
- Remove the pasta from the heat. Drain, and then pour it into the sauce. Mix it around, drizzle over some olive oil and serve!