Your best bet for Halloween munch. A beautifully creamy, spicy coconut pumpkin risotto. It’s a winner.
Make sure you squeeze the pumpkin flesh before putting into baking tray in order to get rid of excess water.
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 1 Hour 30 Minutes
- 500g Arborio Rice - £1.20
- Bunch of Coriander - £0.70
- 350g Pot of Coconut Collaborative Yogurt - £2.50
- Cinnamon - £0.85
- Garam Masala - £0.85
- 1 Onion - £0.16
- Knob of Ginger - £0.27
- Garlic - £0.30
- Vegetable Stock Cube - £0.50
- 1 Large Pumpkin - £2.00
- Total Cost - £9.33 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Take your pumpkin. Chop of the top. Scoop out seeds. Discard (or bake to make roasted pumpkin seeds). Then, with a spoon, scrape down the sides and remove the flesh. Once the pumpkin is hollowed out, set It aside for later.
- With the pumpkin flesh, squeeze it to remove excess water. Then, place in baking tray. Add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, salt, pepper and olive oil. Roast for 40 minutes.
- Place cooked pumpkin in a blender. Crumble in a stock cube, and then add 600ml water. Blitz until smooth.
- Once smooth, add more water until you have a stock like consistency (it shouldn’t be thick).
- Time to make the risotto. Into a pan add 2 cloves of chopped garlic, a large knob of grated ginger and a finely chopped onion, with a splash of olive oil. Cook until soft, and then add a teaspoon of cinnamon and a teaspoon of garam masala. Mix, and then pour in your rice.
- Coat the rice in the oil and spices, and then start adding stock. Add your stock bit by bit, and beat away at the rice to release the starch (making it very creamy.
- Keep adding stock until the rice is cooked through. At this point, add your Coconut Collaborative yogurt. Fold it through the risotto, and then add a large handful of chopped coriander.
- Taste the risotto at this point – if it needs salt, add some.
- Risotto is now ready. Remove from the heat, and ladle it back into the hollowed out pumpkin. Spoon some leftover Coconut Collaborative yogurt over the top and tuck in!