Peanut buttery, zingy slice of grilled tofu. What more could you want?
Use chunky peanut butter for extra crunch!
Cooking Time (includes preparation time): 30 Minutes
- 2 x 280g Naked Tofoo Co. Tofu – £4.00
- Ginger – £0.27
- Red Chillies –£0.60
- 1 Tin Coconut Milk – £0.75
- Peanut Butter – £0.70
- Soy Sauce - £1.10
- Coriander - £0.70
- Rice – £0.90
- Peanuts - £0.48
- Total Cost - £9.50 - This covers absolutely everything. All we assume you have in your kitchen beforehand is SALT, PEPPER AND OLIVE OIL.
- Cut your tofu into strips. Place in bowl. Add two tablespoons of soy sauce, a heaped teaspoon of grated ginger and a grated red chilli. Add half a tin of coconut milk and mix everything together.
- Peanut butter sauce time. Into a bowl, add a heaped tablespoon of peanut butter, a heaped teaspoon of grated ginger, the other half of the tin of coconut milk and a tablespoon of soy sauce. Mix everything together. If it is too loose, add a bit more peanut butter until you have a thick sauce.
- Get your rice on – add 1 part rice to 2 parts water and boil until the water has been absorbed.
- To cook the tofu, add it to a griddle or frying pan and cook each strip for 2 minutes on each side, on a medium-high heat.
- Serve the tofu on the rice, with the peanut butter sauce drizzled over the top. Sprinkle over some chopped up salted peanuts and throw on a handful of coriander. Enjoy!